Changes of the access rights to L1C bucket at AWS Public Datasets (Requester Pays)

Thanks for update @gmilcinski

This change has now been implemented.

I’m not sure if the data is available on s3 bucket. I’ve been trying to use “aws s3 ls” using this command “aws s3 ls x-amz-request-payer=s3://sentinel-s2-l1c/” I get an error saying
A client error (InvalidBucketName) occurred when calling the ListObjects operation: The specified bucket is not valid.

Hi,

once you set up your AWS credentials this is how you can access the bucket:

aws s3 ls s3://sentinel-s2-l1c/ --request-payer

Good morning, I would like to know how I do to download S2 images, after this change I expect to return.

HI @reginaldo, please check the first post in this thread, it describes how you can access the data stored on AWS.

Good morning, I’m from Brazil, my resource for downloading these images is over the internet. So I would like to know what the steps are that I should take. I thank the attention.

See point 4 from the first post.

Hello @gmilcinski,
I don’t understand how I can simply have the access to the common bucket s3, for example, one like this s3://sentinel-s2-l1c/tiles/33/S/WC/2018/7/12/0

I download from Italy, so in the EU region (I don’t know if AWS EU or EU-1 region, if there are differences), and before the Requester Pays changes, I had access directly to the s3 web path and I got the download via Matlab script.
Could you please give me some advices about which of the different point (1,2,3,4) I have to follow?
Thanks a lot.

Hi @francesco.massimetti, it is not clear from your question, whether you are doing this from within AWS (e.g. using AWS EC3 virtual machine) or from your own computer. If the latter, this falls under point 4. as it is “outside of the region”.
If you are doing it from AWS virtual machine, probably point 3. applies.

Hi @gmilcinski,
No, the download it’s from my own computer or from the computer of the University where I work, through a personal and simple processing script . Anyway, is not from an AWS application or machine. So, I think my situation falls under outside the region.
Thank you!

Hello, but I’m confused when creating the account and start enjoying the new method, because before I used https://search.remotepixel.ca to download the images in .jp2, I’d like to know how to proceed because I’m from Brazil and I’m confused. Thank you for your attention and I apologize for the inconvenience.

It is not possible any more to download data directly from browser as you might have been used to. Now you need to do it using signed requests as there are traffic costs attached to it (you will have to pay for it).

I understand … I would like support because I’m having trouble choosing the right plan and using the S2 files. If you have a tutoring, I appreciate it.

Hi @reginaldo, I’ll send you a message directly with some more info.

Hello!!! Can you send the information to me too?

@jebitronna just sent you a direct message.

Hello jflasher,

Can you send to me too :stuck_out_tongue: ?

Thanks

@edcc the instructions at How to access S-2 meta-data in AWS after bucket goes to Requester pays? are the best resource but if you’re still having issues, feel free to send me a direct message on here and I’ll try to help.

Hello,

I was using this

gdal_translate --config CPL_TMPDIR temp -projwin_srs “EPSG:4326” -projwin 75.576740 31.138820 75.578092 31.137444 /vsicurl/http://sentinel-s2-l1c.s3-website.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/tiles/43/R/EQ/2017/7/7/0/B01.jp2 /Downloads

command when sentinel data was not requester pay

But now it is giving me error

ERROR 11: HTTP response code: 403 - Failed writing header

Can anyone help to use this command with requester pay

thank you