Statistical API for point geometry

Is it possible to use statistical API (via Python request) for a point geometry?
I would like to get NDVI times series per point (per lat,lon). In case it is possible, do I need to specify the resolution?

I saw something about GetFeatureInfo but couldn’t find proper documentation for it.

Hi,

Due to the nature of raster format data the concept of a “point” is not well defined so using point geometries isn’t something we support. You can read more about this in this post which also has several links to the documentation surrounding Statistical API.

A workaround for this would be to generate a very small polygon as your “point”, you can then use to produce an NDVI time series. You can specify the resolution within your request, as documented here.

1 Like

@william.ray
Hi William,

are there any plans for the future to support point data?

Reut

Hi @reutkeller,
we don’t have this in plans in the short-term future as it is not a straightforward request, from the point of the user experience - i.e. the expectations on what users should get for the “point” might vary for different sensors, with different resolutions, etc.
On the other side, constructing a small polygon is a straightforward task, and leaves the decision on what exactly user wants to the user…

Best,
Grega

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.