1 configuration returning blank image, another not

I am using several BYOC collections of Planet basemap images, which I am accessing from a labeling application I previously described in this query. That was working with a small test collection (6463) and configuration (1b76), and I can make simple browser-based WMS requests that also work nicely, e.g.

htXXps://services.sentinel-hub.com/ogc/wms/1b76*********?REQUEST=GetMap&CRS=CRS:84&BBOX=-1.3349,9.7261,-1.3221,%209.7389&LAYERS=TRUE-COLOR&RESX=0.000025&RESY=0.000025&FORMAT=image/png&TIME=2021-11-15/2021-11-15

I have now processed a much larger number of images, using the same processing approach. These are in a collection 19de and have a configuration 86b2 that was built from the same configuration as the one mentioned previously. A WMS request in a browser now does not work–it returns a blank white image, suggesting no data. It also does not appear in the labeling platform.

htXXs://services.sentinel-hub.com/ogc/wms/86b2*****************?REQUEST=GetMap&CRS=CRS:84&BBOX=36.4451,9.5611,36.4579,9.5739&LAYERS=TRUE-COLOR&RESX=0.000025&RESY=0.000025&FORMAT=image/png

With a date:
htXXs://services.sentinel-hub.com/ogc/wms/86b2*****************?REQUEST=GetMap&CRS=CRS:84&BBOX=36.4451,9.5611,36.4579,9.5739&LAYERS=TRUE-COLOR&RESX=0.000025&RESY=0.000025&FORMAT=image/png&TIME=2020-02-15/2020-02-15

However, I can see the image using the python client, using the function pasted at the end of this message. And I can also get the image using the requests builder.

So I am not sure what is going on. There are two differences with the images collection. The first is that the test collection images consists of 4-band images of 2358X2358, while the larger collection has 2368X2368 images (also 4-band). The test collection only has imagery from one date, while the larger collection has imagery from dates that cover a range of 6 years (however, each image only represents a single day in a given year). Both sets of images are UINT8 and each band is rescaled to 0-255 and stretched between the 1st and 99th percentiles. However, since the python client and requests builder work, I am not sure where the problem lies, since it doesn’t seem to be with the data itself.

I will appreciate your guidance on where the problem might lie.

Many thanks!

def request_from_sentinelhub(df, diam, collection, config, color="rgb", 
                             plot=True):
    """Request tile from center point with specific diameter from Sentinel-Hub
    collection and plot
    """
    x, y, date = df.iloc[0][['x', 'y', "date"]]
    tile_time = dateutil.parser.parse(date)

bbox = BBox((x-diam, y-diam, x+diam, y+diam), crs=CRS.WGS84)

if color == "ngb":
        evalscript = """
        //VERSION=3
        function setup() {
          return {
            input: ["B2","B3","B4", "dataMask"],
            output: { bands: 4 }
          }
        }

function evaluatePixel(sample) {
          return [sample.B4/255, sample.B3/255, 
                  sample.B2/255, sample.dataMask]
        }
        """
    elif color == "rgb":
        evalscript = """
        //VERSION=3
        function setup() {
          return {
            input: ["B1","B2","B3", "dataMask"],
            output: { bands: 4 }
          }
        }

function evaluatePixel(sample) {
          return [sample.B3/255, sample.B2/255, 
                  sample.B1/255, sample.dataMask]
        }
        """

request = SentinelHubRequest(
        evalscript = evalscript,
        input_data=[SentinelHubRequest.input_data(
            data_collection=collection, time_interval=tile_time
        )],
        responses=[
            SentinelHubRequest.output_response("default", MimeType.PNG)
        ], bbox=bbox,
        size=bbox_to_dimensions(bbox, 3),
        config=config,
    )
    data = request.get_data()[0]# tiles = list(byoc.iter_tiles(created_collection))

if plot:
        fig, ax = plt.subplots(figsize=(15, 10))
        ax.imshow(data)
        ax.set_title(tile_time.date().isoformat(), fontsize=10)
        plt.tight_layout()

else:
        return data

Update: I figured out what was wrong, and it was fairly simple. Because I reused the configuration file, the geographic bounds of the collection were too small, and the area I was calling from the new larger collection were outside of that. It works now that I have made the bounds in the configuration match the bounds in the collection.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.