Catalog API does not return MODIS imagery after 2023-02-10

Greetings!
I have used sentinel-hub API for some stuff, mainly using Sentinel 2 imagery.
Currently I am studying the use of MODIS imagery from Aqua and Terra.
To simplify stuff, I am using the request builder.
The problem I identified is that for images newer than 2023-02-10 are not available.
I have already looked into eo browser and the same happens: imagery is only available until 2023-02-10

Are there some kind of problem with MODIS? If so, there are any expectation that the imagery will be back?

Thanks in advance!
Matheus

1 Like

Hi Matheus,

We will ask the data provider what’s going on.

The data provider supports only the version 6, which USGS recently discontinued and replaced it with the version 6.1

We are now discussing with the provider about the support for the newer version.

1 Like

Has there been any progress on MODIS availability?

We still don’t know when and if the data provider will provide the new data.

Unfortunately, we found out that the data provider won’t support the new version.

But there’s an another company, which may support it. Will let you know, when we find out.

Thanks for the update!

It would be great to be able to access other more frequent MODIS imagery also, such as MOD09GA v061. Are there any plans to be able to supply this?

There are no plans, but we may consider it, if it comes in a cloud optimized data format such as COG and is hosted in one of the supported deployments.

For the existing MODIS dataset, unfortunately we have bad new: No new MODIS data.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.