Config utility: WMTS link does not respect time range

Hello,

We use a WMTS link for Sentinel-1 generated through the Dashboard Configuration utility. When displaying the WMTS link in ArcGIS, the time range is not respected. For instance, for the attached configuration screenshot, the most recent images appear, not only the ones of the specified date (10 sept). In the preview, the display is correct, but not in ArcGIS.

This problem does not occur with the WMS link.

Julien

Dear Julien,

we do not have an ArcGIS licence to test this, but I imported the layers into QGIS and the time works as expected there. Having different dates for different layers or changing the date also works well. You can try using QGIS for this, or you can download raster data from Sentinel Hub, then import it into ArcGIS, or contact ArcGIS support directly.

I’m sorry I can’t be of more help here.

All the best,
Monja

After some further testing it appears that time parameters aren’t reflected in WMTS requests. Before I just tested WMS that worked ok. We are looking into the issue.

All the best,
Monja

1 Like

Dear Julien,

The time range set in the dashboard is used only when / if you don’t provide the time parameter in the WMTS request. It seems that ArcGIS adds the time parameter to the WMTS request, resulting in time range in the dashboard not being used / respected. So WMTS in Sentinel Hub actually does work as expected. What you can try to do is check if it’s possible for ArcGIS to not add the time parameter in settings, or see if it’s possible to manipulate what exactly it sets as a time parameter.

I hope this helps,
Monja

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.