COP-DEM STAC for release 2021

Dear Users,

We generated STAC files for release 2021, for our COP-DEM collections on AWS:

• STAC for 30m COP-DEM (S3 bucket copernicus-dem-30m) is in the S3 bucket copernicus-dem-30m-stac.
  • STAC for 90m COP-DEM (S3 bucket copernicus-dem-90m) is in the S3 bucket copernicus-dem-90m-stac.

If we update the COP-DEM data with a new release or with some other improvement, we will as-well update these STACs.

1 Like

@tslijepcevic, How to get the shapefile of the COP-DEM tiles which are in the S3 bucket?

Unfortunately, we don’t have it.

I was trying to download COP DEM files from the bucket, but I want to filter DEM.tif files for my Area of Interest (AOI). How can I do this with files which are there for entire globe expect for some locations.

I am using python script to download DEM files for my AOI, tried with naming pattern but not able to download, So I asked for the shapefile of the tiles so that I can run intersect and get list of required DEM to download.

Can you please help me out.

You can check out the shapefile at Copernicus Digital Elevation Model - Copernicus Contributing Missions Online that’s linked under text “The GLO-90, GLO-30 and EEA-10 DGED grid shapefile is available here.”

The original (ESA) tile names in 30m are stored in the Product10 attribute, and in 90m they are stored in the Product30 attribute. Then you replace “Copernicus_DSM” prefix with “Copernicus_DSM_COG” and add “_DEM” at the end to get our tile names. So for the example from the screenshot you end up with:

• 30m name: Copernicus_DSM_COG_10_N30_00_E016_00_DEM
  • 90m name: Copernicus_DSM_COG_30_N30_00_E016_00_DEM

I hope it helps.

Thanks for your reply!! it worked !!!