Difference between Sentinel-2 L1C and L2A

Hello everyone. I periodically use the images in natural color for purposes of studying history (I verify where the vegetation was cut, plowed or burned to later be able to do field work). It is not clear to me what is the difference between the images of Sentinel-2 L1C and L2A since when I swap between one and the other I see them the same. Thank you so much.

Hi Leonardo,

The difference between L1C and L2A images is that L2A has been atmospherically corrected. Therefore, L2A is Bottom of Atmosphere values and L1C is Top of Atmosphere values.

Have a read of this thread, and you should know all you need to know :slight_smile:

Hello William, thank you very much for your answer.
I have been using Sentinel for a short time and I still have a lot to learn, since it is not my area. I’m going to read first before continuing to ask, so as not to create duplicate entries. My doubts are many! :slight_smile: For example, if there is a way to visualize in Google Earth what I see in Sentinel. Thank you very much again!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.