Download multiple images in Python

Hi, I am trying to download S2 images for a large area. I’ve splitted my boundig box in smaller patches and now I can download each one manually with the SentinelHubRequest object. I want to automate the process, but I cannot find a way to get the path where the tiff is saved from the get_data() or save_data() methods. Is there a way to this ? Thanks.

Hi @juan_earthpulse !

You’d have to specify the data_folder parameter in the SentinelHubRequest object. Then calling request.get_data(save_data=True) or directly request.save_data() would save the data.

Please check section 4 and 4.1 in this example.

If you also wanted to process these data you could do so with eo-learn, you can find an example on how to do that here.

Yes, the problem is that I am doing multiple downloads to the same folder and I don’t have a direct way to know the path of the most recent one (for example) since it gets merged with all the rest. It would be nice to have something like this:

path_to_saved_data = request.save_data()

Although I recognise that it could be solved by making a new folder for each download and then just get the contents of that folder. In any case, I solved the issue by deleting my data folder before each download of all patches, and I also found gdal merge is a great tool to reconstruct the original tiff from the patches.

I see what you meant. Yes, getting the path is a good solution. Would be great if you could open an issue here, so we can evaluate how/whether to fix it.

The batch processing API is otherwise tailored to such use-case if you just wanted the tiff files.

Thanks, I definitely want to check out the batch processing API since now I am replicating the single use examples with loops and I feel that would be a better solution.