Error 400 when downloading the images

I am using sentinelhub python package to download and view the images, It was running fine till yesterday. Today i am seeing this error

“”
400 Client Error: Bad Request for url: https://services.sentinel-hub.com/api/v1/process
{“status”: 400, “reason”: “Bad Request”, “message”: “Invalid request”, “code”: “COMMON_BAD_PAYLOAD”, “errors”: [{“parameter”: “input->bounds->geometry”, “invalidValue”: {“type”: “MultiPolygon” …}

violation": “Polygon rings are intersecting”, “description”: “The request area of interest geometry. This and/or BBOX must be specified. Coordinates need to be in easting,northing or longitude,latitude, in that order in the CRS defined in the “bounds.properties.crs” parameter. A GeoJsonObject.”
“”

has anything changed overnight?

Hi @MishraAjay ,

The error message indicates that your input geometry is invalid as its rings are intersecting. Please check your input geometry again and make sure that it is valid.

not sure why, but when I am using these in sentinel EO Browser it does error out with: ““Error: There was a problem parsing input geometry”” was using the same coordinate string all this time and never saw this error.

Hi @chung.horng
so my question would be, has anything changed in the package at all recently as i am seeing issues in the sentinel EO browser now?

Thanks,
Ajay Mishra

Hi @MishraAjay ,

We did make changes on the constraints, but everything that worked before should still work. Would you mind providing us the geometry you’re using so we can investigate the issue? Thank you.

Hi @chung.horng : I can’t share the geometry here. Now it makes sense that the constrainst was added wrt “Polygon rings are intersection”. Is there a way to detect and correct it now? Well I have tried few things which haven’t worked. Let me know if you have a way to fix it. I will post the fix if I found one.

Thanks,
Ajay Mishra

Hi @MishraAjay ,

The geometry is an edge case that should be considered a valid geometry. We’ll add a fix to it.
Thank you for reporting the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.