How to create a time-lapse video from temporally different bands

Hi there,
I wish to create a time-lapse video of a region, which is separated by sentiel-2 bands.
It looks like this:

Is there a way to combine the images of the same week or month from both bands and create a time-lapse video from that?

Thanks for the help and best regards

Hi @CBuerger,

Unfortunately the feature of merging images together is not supported in the Timelapse module of EO Browser.

If you really need to make a time-lapse with merged images, you could use a more manual approach but it will be more work. By setting a time-span rather than a single date, you can return merged products.

Screenshot from 2021-08-13 11-09-14

You can then download the images in EO Browser and create a timelapse using a tool locally (e.g. imagemagick).

1 Like

Perhaps of interest would also be the timelapse example from eo-learn.

2 Likes

The “timelapse” can actually be created directly in EO Browser, too. It’s not an actual timelapse, but rather an animation of Pins (that you can order in any way you want) - the tool is named Story (or Pin Story). You can read more about it in EO Browser updates — Summer 2020. Stay tuned for: the pin story builder… | by Daniel Thiex | Sentinel Hub Blog | Medium

But using the timespan instead of a single date is still necessary to display data for more than one date at a time, as Maxim described.

That way, the use of imagemagick or other software locally is not necessary.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

1 Like

Have you found a solution that works well for you yet? I’m really keen to find a straightforward tool that can help me compile my time-lapse without too much hassle.

I did smth similar for my school project and used this free movie maker. It made the whole process a lot easier. It had all the features I needed to sequence my images perfectly and blend them into a cohesive time-lapse.