How to know available date for a bbox?

Hi !

For a temporal analysis, I have to download all NDVI pictures for several bbox and I’ll probably write a python script for it.
First step is to list all available dates for a bbox as can be seen on QGIS plugin calendar: gray cell

How can I do this ?

You can use WFS, check this FAQ.

Hi,

if you are planning to use Python I would suggest checking out sentinelhub Python package. It is written as an API for collecting satellite data from Sentinel Hub services and working with data in Python.

You can install it with pip, the documentation is available here: http://sentinelhub-py.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html

In the Example 3 you can see how to easily obtain information about all available dates for given bbox and time interval: http://sentinelhub-py.readthedocs.io/en/latest/examples/ogc_request.html#Example-3:-True-color-of-the-multiple-acquisitions-in-certain-time-window

Thank you so much for all these informations !

Impossible to use sentinelhub python package. I can’t finalize installation. I tried with my macbook and with a jessie docker…

What kind of error are you getting? Could you copy-paste it here?

This error message on my jessie docker :

Downloading/unpacking tifffile (from sentinelhub)
Downloading tifffile-0.15.0.tar.gz (104kB): 104kB downloaded
Running setup.py (path:/tmp/pip-build-hdGRZj/tifffile/setup.py) egg_info for package tifffile
error in tifffile setup command: ‘install_requires’ must be a string or list of strings containing valid project/version requirement specifiers
Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
error in tifffile setup command: ‘install_requires’ must be a string or list of strings containing valid project/version requirement specifiers

Cleaning up…
Command python setup.py egg_info failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-hdGRZj/tifffile
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/bin/pip”, line 9, in
load_entry_point(‘pip==1.5.6’, ‘console_scripts’, ‘pip’)()
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/init.py”, line 248, in main
return command.main(cmd_args)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/basecommand.py”, line 161, in main
text = ‘\n’.join(complete_log)
UnicodeDecodeError: ‘ascii’ codec can’t decode byte 0xe2 in position 59: ordinal not in range(128)

For start please note that sentinelhub package requires Python version >=3.5 (and less than 3.7 at the moment). I see you are using Python 2.7.

Let us know if you happen to have any more problems.

Sorry it was the wrong docker. I have an other one with jessie and python3 (3.4). But Impossible to upgrade to 3.5.
So I created a specific docker with ubuntu and it works.

1 Like