Images of New Zealand in April 1989

i am looking for satellite images from April 1989 in the Coromandel area of New Zealand. I have found some from the 1st and 10th of April 89 but they are very high up. How do i purchase the high resolution images?

Hi Russell,

The High-resolution images provided on Sentinel Hub are from Planet (with PlanetScope and SkySat) or Maxar (Worldview), but these archives go back to 2009 at best.

The only alternative with Sentinel Hub would be to leverage Landsat 4 (e.g. this image) but the resolution is 30m. Otherwise, you could take a look at the list of missions here WMO OSCAR  |  List of all Satellite Programmes , search for a satellite that was imaging in 1989 and contact the providers directly.

Thanks for the response.
i have actually found images from the dates i need but resolution is very low.
Does that make a difference?
could these images be made high res?

very new to this btw so thanks for assistance.

No worries! The world of satellite remote sensing can indeed be overwhelming for newcomers, but at Sentinel Hub, we are actively working to make it more accessible and user-friendly for everyone.

Unfortunately, the sensors 30 years ago were not to the standards that we achieve today and I doubt you will find satellite images with better resolution.

Another alternative would be to look for aerial images. I found a source for New Zeland here: https://www.linz.govt.nz/products-services/data/types-linz-data/aerial-imagery (in the Retrolens link on that page there are some scans from 1987 - the closest I could find), but the Orthophoto campaign started in 1994.

thanks alot for your help!!