No valid HLS data for corresponding valid sentinel 2 data

On experimenting with HLS data recently I was expecting to get valid data produced in HLS for each valid capture of LANDSAT & SENTINEL data. But it is not the case, On multiple cloud free days HLS dataset for my AOI is not having valid pixels.
Gijon_FU.kml (702 Bytes)

One such date Instances where HLS download images comes out complete blank and no data shown eo-browser is 2019-03-31 (See corresponding Sentinel 2 constellation data available).
I downloaded HLS image for this date but it is all masked.

QGIS capture showing all complete black image.

EvalScript Used

// VERSION 3
    function setup() {
    return {
        input: [{
        bands: ["Red", "Green", "Blue", "NIR_Narrow", "SWIR1", "QA", "dataMask"], // this sets which bands to use
        units: "DN"
        }],
        output: {
        bands: 7,
        sampleType: "UINT16" // raster format will be UINT16
        }
    };
    }
    function evaluatePixel(sample) {
    return [sample.Red, sample.Green, sample.Blue, sample.NIR_Narrow, sample.SWIR1, sample.QA, sample.dataMask];
    }

I tried downloading HLS data with cloud filters but on my AOI I am getting 50% of the images as invalid having no valid pixels? What could be the reason behind these instances?

Thank you for bringing that to our attention. We are checking what is going on and will let you know.

The data should now be available, if you can test again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.