Pictures for use in GIS (like Google Earth or QGIS)

Hello

How do I go about downloading pictures I can use in GIS? What is the typical or minimum account I need to purchase?

Appreciate all inputs.

Best regards
Jon Leithe

Hello Jon,

If you are using EO Browser and would like to download images that are georeferenced, and thus usable in a GIS tool, you can go to the Download Image tab on the right of the screen in Eo Browser (you have to be logged in for it to work). It looks like this:

Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 19.30.45

This will open a pop-up window, with several tabs. You can then click on Analytical and select TIFF along with several options (e.g. resolution, bands etc…).

Towards the bottom of this help page you can see an example screenshot and description of the feature. With this option, you will be able to download the portion of the image that is on your screen.

If you are using QGIS, you could also look into our dedicated plugin. More information about importing images directly in QGIS can be found in the recent OGC webinar.

All these options are available using a trial account (you will just be limited in the amount of data you can query). If you need to access more data, please do not hesitate to get in touch and the Sentinel Hub team will gladly help in recommending the most suited package to your needs.

Maxim

Hello maxim.lamare

Thank you, the EO Browser ws new to me, and it seems it’s what I was looking for.

Thank you for taking your time.

Regards
Jon