Resolution problem

Hello,

I just discovered the possibilities of using recent satellite images for mapping and I think it’s really great. But I have a problem when downloading high resolution images in order to convert them into raster. I tried via “analytical” and “High-res print”, I can’t get high resolution files despite the settings I have (I tried with the setting at 500 and 600DPI/PPP and then the default at 300 DPI/PPP). All the downloaded files are always at 72 DPI/PPP which is not high resolution at all.
Does anyone have an explanation please? I work in biodiversity conservation for an NGO and I’m looking for the highest quality images possible for a 40,000ha area which corresponds to a national park in Cambodia.

I really need those data, thank you for helping me please.

Hi @vromera.humy ,

Which data collection are you looking at? If you’re using Sentinel-2 data, the resolution of the satellite is 10 m. We have a webinar for EO Browser. I would suggest you having a look at it, and it should give you a general introduction.

Ok thanks a lot, I will check that

It’s for data from Sentinel-2 L2A, normal color, 0% cloud cover, the better resolution possible so 10m yes

Hi,

The webinar does not explain in more detail, I did exactly what is said in the youtube video several times, always the same, images in 72dpi/ppp! How to do it ?
But I wonder about one thing all the same please:
With a resolution of 10m / pixel is it possible to make maps to draw 1 or 2 ha parcels with precision?

Please help me to have high resolution images. If Sentinel-2 is not good, what can I use as source please?

Hi Vincent,

If you need higher resolution imagery, we currently offer data from the following commercial data providers:

Planet PlanetScope (4 bands, 3 m resolution)

Planet SkySat (5 bands, 0.5 resolution)

Airbus Pleiades (5 bands, 0.5 m – 2 m resolution)

Airbus SPOT (5 bands, 1.5 m – 6 m resolution

Maxar WorldView (5 bands, 0.5 m – 2 m resolution)

See the webinar on this topic here.

The webinar does not explain in more detail, I did exactly what is said in the youtube video several times, always the same, images in 72dpi/ppp! How to do it ?

The DPI value that you set in the Download tab is used to calculate suitable image size in pixels given the print dimensions (in inches). When Sentinel Hub generates the image, the metadata does not include any DPI value (you are probably seeing the default selected by your system).

However, the size of the returned image (number of pixels) is consistent with the provided DPI - if you print the image scaled to the same dimensions, it will have as many pixels per inch as requested in the system.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.