S3 L1B ToA values

Hi all,

I am currently implementing a gaussian process regression algorithm to TOA radiances onto OLCI data, for the retrieval of biophysical variables such as LAI, FAPAR etc.

I would like to know what are the units of the “SENTINEL3_OLCI_L1B” catalogue? when I check the downloaded tile from Copernicus hub, the units range from 0-700,800 but when I download a .nc cube from openeo/sentinelhub, these values are far less…

I have seen on the Sentinel Hub website that the band values correspond to reflectance, even though it should be TOA radiance, moreover, these values range from 0-0.4.

Can you please let me know how do I get actual TOA radiance values in mW/m2
/sr/nm?

thanks in advance
Dávid

Hi David,

Correct, in the documentation it states that the Sentinel Hub units are reflectance. There is an example here showing you how to extract this.

However, I think it is better if you redirect your question to the community forum at Copernicus Data Space Ecosystem. Here you should get a clearer answer on the values you are getting from either your open eo data cube in the original data tile.

Edit: I see there is already a topic on the forum

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.