Sentinel-2 image per week

I am trying retrieve one sentinel-image per week to see the difference in moisture values between two group of pixels (tree area). I can write an evalscript to get one image per week, but I am wondering how can i check that I am looking at the same pixel? I assume that I will use “Orbit mosaicking” since it mosaics all images acquired at one orbit (To my understanding, this means that the images from previous acquisition is aligned).

My aim is to to make a comparison like this:

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hi Aswin,

I’m not that familiar with your use case but will try to help you out as best as I can.

As long as your area of interest doesn’t change, the pixel position shouldn’t change. I would recommend reading this previous post, as it should help you.

However, this doesn’t change the fact that there is geometric errors between different Sentinel-2 acquisitions. While these shifts are small, they should still be accounted for in your analysis. I would strongly recommend reading this Medium post that discusses this topic.

Hope that this information helps you!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.