Sentinel-2 L2A 10m imagery download

I am trying to download Sentinel-2 L2A imagery from 6/19/2022 over the Chesapeake Bay at the 10m scale, including all 12 bands. When I put in this information, the download button is greyed out (see attached screenshot). I tried limited my extent to just Dorchester county, but the issue persisted. It seems that the imagery cannot be downloaded at the 10m resolution for this extent – is that correct? If so, how would you suggest access the data for my entire study area?

If you check the message in orange, the image you are trying to download is too large (6159x6347 px; whereas the limit is 2500x2500 px). You should therefore split the area in smaller parts and download each of them separately.

We have prepared some scripts in Python to make these tasks easier:
https://sentinelhub-py.readthedocs.io/en/latest/examples/large_area_utilities.html

Hello, thank you for the reply! I am trying to submit a request via python but I keep getting the following message:

400 Client Error: Bad Request for url: https://services.sentinel-hub.com/api/v1/process
Server response: “{“status”: 400, “reason”: “Bad Request”, “message”: “Your request of 19705.21 meters per pixel exceeds the limit 1500.00 meters per pixel of the collection S2L2A. Please revise the resolution (or corresponding width/height) to make sure it is in supported range.”, “code”: “RENDERER_EXCEPTION”}”

I am extracting data for 12 bands within a bounding both at 10m resolution (see screenshot). What does this error mean by 1500m per pixel? I would think that it should be 10m per pixel based on the resolution I set. Is the maximum area to export at one time 1500 square meters? The area I need to export (by tiled bounding boxes) is 600 sqkm in total, so I need to know the best way to do so in an automated workflow. Thanks!

Hi @shannon.reault ,

The resolution in the request uses the same unit as the coordinate reference system of your input area of interest, i.e., if your bounding box is in WGS84, the resolution should be set in degree as well. A rough approximation of 10 meter is 0.0001°.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.