Sentinel Hub Py is not finding images as EO Browser does

Hi all,

I am using the Sentinel-Hub python package to see if there are images available for a specific zone and time period. I have followed exactly the procedure shown in the examples, but for a specific zone it does not return anything. If I look for that same area in EO Browser, it does show that there are images. I don’t know if I’m missing something.

I attach the code.

from sentinelhub import CRS, BBox, DataCollection, SHConfig, SentinelHubCatalog

bbox = BBox((-91.84615634290395, 18.564968306636285, -91.82144528967012, 18.588542158464236), crs=CRS.WGS84)
time_interval = '2020-03-23', '2020-12-30'

config = SHConfig()
catalog = SentinelHubCatalog(config=config)

search_iterator = catalog.search(
    DataCollection.SENTINEL2_L2A,
    bbox=caspian_sea_bbox,
    time=time_interval,
    fields={"include": ["id", "properties.datetime", "properties.eo:cloud_cover"], "exclude": []},
)

results = list(search_iterator)
print("Total number of results:", len(results))

results

Hi Fran,

I have just run your code block and returned 56 results. I changed the bbox parameter in the search iterator from caspian_sea_bbox to bbox. Perhaps you supplied the wrong bounding box (it is not in the Caspian sea) as I cannot replicate your issue.

Hi William, thanks for answering,

Sorry about that, it was a typo copying the code from the editor and changing the name of the variable. It is weird that you can get images, because I’ve retried the process with the same results, I don’t know why is this happening.

Yes, this is unexpected behaviour. Which version of Sentinel Hub Python are you using?

The latest one, 3.9.1

Thank you, my colleague was also unable to replicate your issue. Have you tried running your code in isolation of any other code you maybe working on? The only thing I can think of is that one of your input variables is wrongly defined somewhere.