Speckle filtering

Hello, I need help in knowing how can I apply a speckle filter(e.g. a 5x5 Lee Filter) to Sentinel-1 SAR GRD VV [db]

Thanks in advance

Speckle filtering is currently not supported in Sentinel Hub, so you will have to do some post-processing on the data you get from our API.

Hello, I need help in knowing if any of these preprocessing steps (e.g. calibration, terrain correction)applied to Sentinel-1 SAR GRD VV [db]

Thanks in advance

Hi,

It depends on what you are planning to do with the data. The pre-processing steps that you mention are usually performed before analysis of physical phenomena. Sentinel Hub services do allow these steps as options in your queries (except for speckle filtering that you would have to perform on your side, once you have the data).

On this NASA page, you will find a link to the description of common preprocessing steps for SAR.

Can you give code snippet how sentinel 1 pre-processing steps calibration, terrain correction, terrain correction, border noise removal, thermal noise removal is applied.

Hi,

The steps are explained in the documentation. Here is the overview of the processing chain in Sentinel Hub, and here is how the optional steps can be added to your workflow.

You can see some code snippets on this page. You will see the pre-processing options in the processing section of the code payload.

Maxim