Temporal analysis with S1

Hi,

I have seen that it is possible to do some temporal analysis in the Playground. However, it seems like the only source is Sentinel-2. Is it possible to use S1 GRD? If not, is it expected to be available soon?

Thank you

Multi-temporal processing is possible on all data sources supported in our main deployment (e.g. Sentinel-1 GRD, Sentinel-2 L1C and L2A, MODIS).
You just need to use the API or Configuration utility and set “temporal = true”

Thank you,
As I see now, it is possible to do it from the Dashboard when creating custom layers. I just accessed the playground directly and did not find the way to change from S2 to S1.

I have a follow-up question to this:
I configured a Sentinel-1 layer and set it up with the option “temporal=true” in advanced options (I’m calculating the mean over a 10 day time frame for VV-polarization).
If I look at the results in the playground everything is working fine. When using the QGIS plugin and downloading the computed results everything works.
However, when I try to use the layer either with FIS, WCS or WMS requests using the Python API, the output is empty (in case of the FIS request) or is just showing the result from the most recent Sentinel-1 acquisition (in case of the WCS/WMS requests).
When I try to do the same requests by using the NDVI_max example from the custom scripts repository, every kind of request works without problems (Playground, FIS etc.).

Could it be possible that the temporal processing for Sentinel-1 is not yet available for all sorts of requests over the Python API?

FIS service is not supporting multi-temporal layers for the moment.
For Python API you would need to rewrite the part, which sets the TIME parameter. I believe the API currently always take only one day (e.g. 2019-03-29/2019-03-29) to ensure consistency of the data. You actually want multi-temporal processing so you would need to update this to e.g. 2019-03-19/2019-03-29

I somehow doubt that NDVI_max really works without problems as the same issues appear there.

Thank you very much for the answer.
You’re right, I didn’t look as deep into the NDVI thing as I did in my numerous attempts trying to use S-1.
Thank you for the hint, I’ll try to incorporate it!

A post was split to a new topic: Agricultural growth stage

Where do we have to set “temporal=true” ?

thanks