Update LAI script

Hi,

It appears that the script you published for calculating the LAI is based on Version 2.1 of the ESA model (Could you confirm this? I compared some weights, and they seem to match). Since 2020, a new version (3.0) has been the default in SNAP desktop. Is there a way to use the new model on Sentinel Hub? (i.e., a new script?)

Hi Martin,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. There are no currently no plans to update the script, but we will consider updating the script in the future.

However, you can also update the script yourself if this is something you are able to do. There is more information here about contributing to the Custom Scripts Repository. We are always happy to accept new contributions from the community!

Hi William,

To me, it looks like the new LAI algorithm simply requires an update of the weights and biases. When looking at the code, it becomes apparent that there is a distinction between S2A and S2B. Additionally, there is now a 10m algorithm that delivers very good results. If I ever port the algorithm, I will create a PR. For now, the solution through SNAP Desktop is sufficient for me.

Regards!