We need help for Turkey.

Hello. As you know, a devastating earthquake occurred in Turkey recently. Very urgent action is needed to identify the collapsed buildings. How can I get the latest satellite images of Turkey’s Antakya, Kahramanmaras and Adıyaman cities?

Hi Mehmet,

As you may or may not know the Copernicus Emergency Management Service Rapid Mapping Team was activated in response to the earthquakes that occured in Turkey. You can find out more about their response here.

In addition, as the latest imagery is processed, you will still be able to visualise this using our free to use EO Browser application. However, this is limited to open imagery like Sentinel-2 which is 10m resolution to public users.

We also offer access to commercial data, but may not be the best channel to get rapid access to this kind of data in response to a disaster such as this. I would recommend keeping an eye on Maxar’s Open Data Program which I expect will provide very high resolution imagery in response to the unfolding disaster.

If you have any further questions, then please let us know.

Thank you very much for your help. I will contact you when there is a problem again.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.