Error downloading data from EO Browser

Hi,

I am looking to download data I have ordered in the EO Browser. I would like to download the R G B NIR and PAN raw files to perform pan sharpening in an alternative software.

I was provided a link to this forum as guidance to download: https://shforum.sinergise.com/t/pleiades-panchromatic-at-0-5/4731…. I am unsure how this method differs from downloading it directly from the Sentinel Hub EO Browser interface? If I download the images in the EO Browser interface, and under the analytical option selected TIFF 32-bit float, image resolution - high, and coordinate system WGS 84 and then selected the relevant bands. Once the zip file downloads and I extract, I receive an error message: error 0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect - for the B0 file, can you advise.

Thank you for your time and support.

Hi @pennyjclarke,

I just tested the workflow you described and the files downloaded fine and I could open them normally in windows photo viewer or a GIS software like QGIS.

I assume therefore it’s not a problem of EO Browser. The error code you shared above seems to indicate some storage issue on Windows so there might have been a problem with you not having enough space when downloading or extracting the zip file.

I suggest you check that you have enough space in your download folder and in the folder where you unzip the file and try downloading the file again.

Best,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your help. I have now tried this on another computer and have enough space, both on the original and this new computer, yet I still receive the same error message.

When I select to skip on the error, which I have to in order to proceed, there are files present in the extracted folder, however, if I view them in ArcGIS they are not at the full spatial resolution expected, nor due they look similar to the quality of the image in the EO browser. This could be due to the error I am skipping? Please can you advise?

Thank you

Penny

Hey Penny,

here a few things you could still test:

• try using a different browser (e.g. Firefox) to download the data
  • After extracting the file rename it to something very simple e.g. “test” and see if the error still appears when trying to open the file

I hope one of the suggestions works for you. If both don’t, can you please share with us:

• the EO Browser link you are at when downloading the data
  • a screenshot of the exact setting you have in the download window before hitting the Download button

Best,
Daniel

https://apps.sentinel-hub.com/eo-browser/?zoom=11&lat=-46.5343&lng=-74.87251&themeId={InstanceID}&visualizationUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fservices.sentinel-hub.com%2Fogc%2Fwms%2F{InstanceID}&datasetId={CollectionID}&fromTime=2015-08-13T00%3A00%3A00.000Z&toTime=2015-08-13T23%3A59%3A59.999Z&layerId=2_TRUE-COLOR-PANSHARPENED

Hi Daniel,

No success with the new suggestions, I have tried FireFox, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. I renamed the file ‘test’, still receiving the same error on all items.

Above is the link and screenshot of the information I fill in for download.

Hey @pennyjclarke,

thanks for the link. I had a look at the data you are trying to download and could download it without the problem you describe. It’s therefore very likely that it’s some issue/settings on your side. Two more things you could try:

• change the default download folder of your browser
  • try using a different unzipping program

I hope one of those two will get you the data.

Best,
Daniel

Thank you Daniel.

Having tried these new changes, I can now extract with no error, however, the resolution is too coarse and so there is something a miss when being downloaded. This should be 50cm resolution in PAN raw and at 1:10,000 in ArcGIS, you can see the resolution is very inaccurate. The same occurs when I import the Pansharpened image.

Is there a possibility that Sentinel Hub can share the downloaded attachments for all the images I recently ordered, directly, or is there an alternative method to get the images? Access to these images is time sensitive and I really appreciate your support in my enquiry.

Best wishes

Penny

Dear @pennyjclarke,

you can see the resolution you are downloading the data in amongst the settings (below the selected Coordinate system). If you download a bigger area EO Browser adjusts the resolution to be within the SH limits of 2500*2500.

To download the data with EO Browser in the original resolution you have to download a smaller extend.

As you are probably interested in the whole area, I recommend you to take a look at our new API that let’s you download the original data directly. You can read everything about this new feature here.

Best,
Daniel

PS: Alternatively our batch processing API offers large area download (for Batch processing you need an Enterprise subscription).

Hi Daniel,

Can I confirm where I would locate my Delivery Id to input into this API link, I can find my order and collection ID but no delivery ID?

Once I have the delivery ID and using the order ID per image I have in finished orders, am I correct in thinking that by inputting the link (https://services.sentinel-hub.com/api/v1/dataimport/orders/{orderId}/deliveries/{deliveryId}/archive/create) into a internet browser, would initiate the download process, or does this require coding?

I can locate guidance on Request Builders and Postman in the, Third-Party-Data-Import.pdf, but not for Python coding.

I am new to this process and also new to coding, but I have a little training Python, in the future I would be interested in understanding how you can download the data through Python Scripts. Is there previous scripting that you can guide me too?

Thank you for your ongoing support.

Dear Penny,

To get to your data you need to follow those steps.

1. Get deliver ID
    You get the delivery IDs returned (as id) by the service when making a get request to the https://services.sentinel-hub.com/api/v1/dataimport/orders/{orderId}/deliveries endpoint.

2. Retrieve file names
    You make another request to the https://services.sentinel-hub.com/api/v1/dataimport/orders/{orderId}/deliveries/{deliveryId}/files endpoint which will list you all the files belonging on the deliveryId specified in the request. You now need to identify the file you want to download. Usually the data you are interested (reflectance values) is in a file with the .JP2 or .tif extension).

3. Download data
    Now that you have the filePath you can download the data from the https://services.sentinel-hub.com/api/v1/dataimport/orders/{orderId}/deliveries/{deliveryId}/files/{filePath} endpoint. When you save the request results make sure you give the saved data the same file extension as downloaded.

*if you have problems identifying the correct file, you can also download the whole zipped archive and inspect all the files. In that case you have to first request creation of the delivery archive (here)) and afterwards download it (here)

I would say this doesn’t require coding and all of it can be done in Postman (or any other tool that let’s you send get requests).

Best,
Daniel

PS: You will need to be authenticated in order to do the request. You can read how to set up your authentication in the chapter 3.2.1 Authentication here.

Dear Daniel,

Using postman, I have set up my secret key and validated my access tokens and I can run https://services.sentinel-hub.com/api/v1/dataimport/orders/{{order_id}} and see my orders in postman, however when I use any of the links above I am receiving 400, 404 and 405 error messages.

Would it be possible to arrange a short video call to go through the new API service to download original data and share my screen and go through the process?

Best wishes

Penny

Dear @pennyjclarke,

this kind of direct support is outside of what we can offer here in the forum.

The errors you share (4xx) indicate that there is something wrong with your request. I recommend you check again carefully the URLs and make sure that you are authenticated. As the 1ste request worked, you should be very close towards the correct solution. Make sure that you use in step 2 the “id” and not the “productID” both returned in step 1.

It might also help if you post the full error message here and someone might be able to help you.

Best,
Daniel

I am using the example third party data workflow in postman and manipulating the variables to fit my data.

In the variables, I have set an order id per image I have ordered in my collection to be able to process them separately using your 3 steps above.

I have now been able to complete step 1 for my first image:

1. Get deliver ID
    You get the delivery IDs returned (as id) by the service when making a get request to the https://services.sentinel-hub.com/api/v1/dataimport/orders/{orderId}/deliveries endpoint.

This was the outcome:
(Please see image to follow as I cannot attach too many at once)

I then took the id from this process and created a variable called delivery_id1, for the first image I then ran step 2 with the order_id1 and delivery_id1 in the link you provided here: Retrieve file names
You make another request to the https://services.sentinel-hub.com/api/v1/dataimport/orders/{orderId}/deliveries/{deliveryId}/files

Then I get an error again:
(Please see image to follow as I cannot attach too many at once)

If you can advise that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Dear @pennyjclarke,

looking at your examples please make sure the variables are correctly linked. You can check this by hovering over the variable.

I attached 2 screenshots (1st of a not correctly set up variable, 2nd of a correctly set up one)

1:

2:

I could also see that in your request for the delivery_id you have 3x the closing waved brackets in the URL. I suggest you remove one and check that the variable are linked correctly and then try again.

Best,
Daniel

PS: For a test, you could try to work without variables and using the id’s directly within the URL.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your ongoing support.

Removing the bracket solved the problem. The files are linked correctly with the variables, and I opted for this method as I was not having success with the id’s directly in the URL.

I have now managed to see the files in the delivery id:

From the list all files are kmz, xml, gml, jpeg format. I cannot identify any GeoTIFF files that are georeferenced, which is the format I need. You mentioned I could request the archive to see and explore all files, I used this request (see next image) received the following error?
“error”: {

"status": 405,

"reason": "Method Not Allowed",

"message": "HTTP 405 Method Not Allowed",

"code": "COMMON_METHOD_NOT_ALLOWED"

Please can you advise on what the file names for the raw b0, raw b1, raw b2, raw b3 and true colour and true colour pansharpened georeferenced files would be denoted as in the list? Or any guidance on how I can move forward with requesting an archive?

Thank you and best wishes

Penny

Dear @pennyjclarke,

you are almost there!

From the listed files I assume you want to download Airbus Spot data. Airbus delivers the image with the data not as geotif but as JP2 file (file 11 in your request response). The JP2 file is also georeferenced and the one you are looking for.

If you want to try the way via the archive you need to be attentive about the request type. The request to create an archive expects a “post” request and not like you have in your screenshot a “get”. In Postman you can select the request type in the dropdown in front of the URL).

Best,
Daniel